Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Pleasant distractions


My default attitude of late has been rather gloomy. I look back on November 2006 with great affection. I am aware that shifts in mood are not shifts in reality, only shifts in how you feel about it...but mood is part of life. Spengler and Raspail...not indicators of mirth.

But I do look for distractions from the basic down mood. Robbing myself of the pleasures of the present moment, for the sake of a questionable perception about the direction of history...even I can see how iffy that is.

So I watched two movies on the here! channel. Films based on the Donald Strachey series, he being a fictional gay PI. I liked them much more than I expected. Even watched one of them twice. The plots are tres gay...reparative therapy, and outing...but the major character, played by real life gay man Chad Allen, is a keeper. And his partner, played for sorta fey by formerly grim star of First Wave, Sebastian Spence, is likeable. But the connection between them is very soothing to me. Don and Timmy. There are moments of reality portrayed in their relationship, things I know and recognize. Apparently four more movies are in the making. This pleases me.

Maybe I should find myself a gay PI!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...