Monday, July 30, 2007

De profundis...olim



Exhibit A. After I somewhat embarrassed my ex the other night --so what else is new?-- by flirting with a waiter who turned out to be slightly less than one and twenty --how was I to know? the kid is mature for his age!--, I turned to his (the x's) boyfriend and said, "You know, I used to be deep." His deadpan reply, "So I've heard."

Exhibit B. Was doing an internet search for my friend L recently, while she was getting things ready for us to go out and do a set of errands.

"Have you found that information yet?", she inquired.

I had, however, wandered off the reservation and into other more interesting websites. Cyberlinks. Links will be the death of me.

"Oh, sorry. I got distracted."
"Men?", she asked. "No."
"Theology?"."Uh huh".

...Damn, the girl knows me well.

(PS. Exhibit C. Even though it's anticlimactic...how many people do you know who can blog a post about trivialities and give it a title in Latin that is both scripturally referent and mildly humorous. I mean...how often do you hear the Vulgate Psalms being used to be droll? How often do you see anyone even trying to be droll anymore. Do you even know what droll means? All right. I'll stop now.)

PPS. The De profundis part of the title is line 1 of Psalm 129: Out of the depths. Olim means...once-upon-a-time.

PPSS. Gratias tibi ago
, Emailior Fabbro, propter claritatem orthographicam tuam.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...