Saturday, July 28, 2007

More deep thoughts


I was at the gym a while back, gabbing with my friend BH, who works there. He's a former bodybuilder and fan of existentialism, now in his 60's. We were remarking how men start to look familiar after a while and how the gender can be reduced to several types.

I wandered back into the locker room and there were two guys in their thirties, getting changed. One of them, whom I'll call A., is a stunning looking guy. Nordic, built hard as a rock, with a very easy personality and, what makes him even more interesting, either some kind of accent or speech defect. I once had a pleasant few minutes when, dripping with sweat, he asked me to spot him during one of his routines. (I later discovered that he is a stripper/dancer). Both guys were in their original skins, so I took my time getting changed, exchanging pleasantries, navigating the pleasantly tight space.

Then BH shows up again and says, "I came up with another type of guy". I say, "Well, we have made a category for the old hunks, like you, and the young hunks, like these two. What else is there?"  A. looks at me and says, "Oh, I know. Clark Kent. Like you." Smiles and laughing all around.

I wander out onto the floor a while later, and A is sitting there in his prime-of-life glory, lifting something or other, and as I walk by, he says, "I wasn't kidding".



;-)))

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...