Thursday, October 23, 2008

Loathing Islam



I am what is fashionably called an Islamophobe (an Orwellian rhetorical device empty of meaning). I am an enemy of Islam. Why?

Because Islam is an enemy to me.

I have read the Koran (long before 9/11, btw), Arab history, know the difference between a Shiite and a Sunni. And I am not blinded by political correctness.

Bruce Bawer reports on the deliberations of the Norwegian Islamic Council ---that there should even exist such a thing is wrong--- on the apparently unresolved question of whether or not homos like me should be executed. All sorts of Norwegian bodies, unions and state organizations, are unprovoked by this.

What happened to hate speech law when you need it? Whatever happened to "Think Globally, Act Locally"?

As I have said, all the wonderful Muslim loving homos will learn too late that when it comes to a choice between offending the sons of the Prophet or offending the queers, it'll be no contest.

Can you imagine any Christian body in the world debating this point without Queer Nation exploding? And other Christian bodies standing up and shouting their disapproval? People who don't think men should be allowed to marry men in California are routinely cast as "hate-filled bigots". But Muslim thugs? You can hear the crickets.

I will cease being an enemy of Islam when Islam ceases wondering whether or not I should be put to death and doesn't even remember asking the question. Till, then....



_____________________________________________-

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...