Sunday, February 08, 2009

Sisters and sisters

I have been watching an ABC Sunday night series, a kind of slightly upscale soap opera, Brothers and Sisters. A big family and their issues. One of the brothers is gay and has a partner. The oldest uncle just came out and now has his own boyfriend.

One of the sisters is about to have a baby, and her mother threw a baby shower. All the women in the family were invited....and the gays. A little granddaughter wants to know why her daddy can't come and grandma says it's just for girls and granddaughter ask why then Uncle Scotty and Uncle David and Uncle Sol are coming.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Earlier in the evening, watching Big Love, about Mormon polygamy. A daughter gets pregnant out of wedlock and starts looking secretly for a couple to give up her child to. Meets a prospective couple, two very devout Mormons. During the interview, the wife confesses that she is challenged by OCD, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and the husband chimes in that he is challenged by SSA...same-sex attraction. But to reassure the young mother, he tells her that he is working on adding masculinity to his personality.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Malebranche is right. For the culture, a gay man is a girl.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

And guess what? The creator of Brothers and Sisters is gay.
The creators of Big Love? Two gay men.

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

______________________

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though it's all 'old-hat' for me at this point, I'm still occasionally struck by just how deeply the old Urning Theory is imbedded in the minds of the gays. To the point where even as I can SEE them experiencing a little *lightbulb-over-the-head* moment as I talk with them, they will almost frantically cling to the notion that they are NOT QUITE MEN. Or for that matter ... that they are closer in mind and matter to Women. Even when all evidence points to the contrary. Glaringly.

Sometimes I think it's best to just not even bother with them at all.

But then they piss me off. ;)

Anonymous said...

"For the culture, a gay man is a girl."

I don't think there was a time that I didn't know that....the thing is, that in my youf', Gay Activists led me to believe that "undermining stereotypes" was some important part of the movement, and I put a lot of energy into it.

But, over the years, the truth gradually began to come to me; with the Will and Grace Minstrel Show fiasco I finally saw the leeches clearly. 'Gay community' = left-wing homophobe community.

There is one sort of punishment for unbelievers, another for apostates, and yet another for subverters.

I am working on the second book with Mr. M, (after an idea of my own), motivated both by Joy, but also by Vengeance.

The torture will be long and slow.

--Nathan F. Miller

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...