Saturday, October 17, 2009

Guilty as charged

A terrific Rodgers & Hammerstein song from an otherwise (for me) unwatchable movie. Humbling...not only the song itself, but that something which moves me so much came from that movie. Performed by a guy named James D. Justice, far better than in the original film. Did I tell you I can't stand this movie?

Enjoy the song, though. It's true.




Perhaps I had a wicked childhood
Perhaps I had a miserable youth
But somewhere in my wicked, miserable past
There must have been a moment of truth

For here you are, standing there, loving me
Whether or not you should
So somewhere in my youth or childhood
I must have done something good

Nothing comes from nothing
Nothing ever could
So somewhere in my youth or childhood
I must have done something good

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...