Saturday, January 16, 2010

The partial Monty



I was watching Suddenly, Last Summer on TV late the other night. God, does Tennessee Williams write about anything other than closeted homosexuality?

As I often do, I surf the net while I watch the tube. I started looking for info on Montgomery Clift, largely because I caught a few minutes of a gushing bio of him with Elizabeth Taylor doing the voiceover.

A lifelong friend and -- as my mother just affirmed-- a lover of his owned the house next to my parents' country place. Billy LeMessena, whom I knew when he was an old man, was an actor in New York. When he died, my sister bought his place, and when she died, my parents moved into it.

Turns out that I have two degrees of separation from the late Mr. Clift!

And that means I have three degrees from everyone he ever knew. Strange world.

__________________________________

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...