Monday, June 14, 2010

Pedestrian blues

I miss my car.

Once upon a time it was an informal goal of mine always to live in cities where I would not need to own a car. Back in 1998, though, after 7 years on the San Francisco buses, I had had it. Too many people were either off their meds or on parole. I lost my car in December to the daytime drunk driver who sheared off the driver's side while it was parked on the street. Street parking has been the downfall of cardom for me. I had many accidents happen to my vehicles and almost all of them took place while it was stationery and I was not in it. Off street parking would have saved me a lot of grief and a lot of money.

Anyway, I am looking on craigslist to see if I can find something I like that I can afford. It may not be the smartest financial move right now, but it really galls me that I don't have the freedom of wheels. We'll see.

My deceased baby, Isuzu Rodeo:

2 comments:

SeerMassimo said...

From the photo, it looks like you took excellent care of your chassis.

I see four wheels in your future.

Leah said...

A population without cars has less freedom and is easier to control.
Get thee a car!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...