Saturday, August 07, 2010

Another Hitler Channel



The Hitler Channel. That's a nickname for the History Channel, given their numerous programs on the Third Reich (in contrast to their mostly occasional shows on the century-long monstrosities of Marxism).

Well, I discovered this morning that I have another "channel" to the Fuhrer. I stand in just four degrees of separation from the author of Mein Kampf. People who find my political opinions disreputable may not be surprised...

B, who has been a source of all sorts of new experiences for me in the three years (to the day, today) since we met, spent a day at the Hoover Institution with a group of foreign teachers. One of the people involved in the tour and program turns out to have been a translator at the Nuremberg trials. He had direct contact with people like Speer, Hess and Goering, who, of course, all knew Hitler personally. So we have Adolph, the Nurembergers, Siegfried the translator, B and me.

Wow. I mean, "Bombig!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and I have emailed each other. When he was alive, I was friends with Kerry W. Thornley. And Kerry was a Warren Commission witness and friend of Lee Harvey Oswald. Thus, you killed JFK.

- Trevor

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...