Monday, August 16, 2010

Just my type

This is prove yet again that I am an Enneagram Five, but I was curious to see what, if any, of the other types I would either look for or avoid for dating and connection.



I have several Twos in my life, Caretakers. As long as I have room to breathe, they're nice to have around.
A One would be intolerable: moralists obsessed with The Right Thing. No way.
Three, the Performer. Had a boyfriend like this. He was a bit wearing, but impressive. It was me who drove him nuts. He thought everyone should be just like him.
Four, the Tragic Romantic. Too much drama. I'll pass.
Five. Another Five. I have met very few of them and they don't create any spark in me. Who knows?
Seven: well, a FunLoving Seven who was willing to face his fear issue about limit and pain would be great.
Six. Sixes confuse me, combining passionate loyalty with chronic skepticism. Don't know.
Eights. Confrontational Tyrants. I'll prolly pass.
Nine: the mediator and peacemaker. Would there be enough friction to make a spark?

Although I doubt I could deal with a One, my least favorite type, the issue is really about level of development. In my case, for instance, what's required for me to loosen the grip of my compulsion To Understand Everything is
  • Experience feelings in the moment
  • Stay connected rather than withdrawing
  • Allow more people into protective circle
  • Reveal personal matters, express self
  • Engage in physical activity 
I've worked pretty hard on these and have had some success. So I am a (usually, not always) integrating Five. I guess I'd need a similar kind of growing energy from another man, regardless of his type.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder more'n a mite about all this typologage...I'm supposed to be an INTp, and also a 5. But what I think of as the best Thing of my life as yet is having made the Blood-Brotherhood book, as a contraian counter-point to the thinking of the times. Reviewer John Safran nicely/unnicely compared it to /The Satanic Bible/ even -- why, that's the Eevillest Book Alive!

After that, I'm a bit at a loss what to do with myself next, actually,...and it isn't "I'm going to comprehend the whole universe, now."

--Nathan/LightSnake

Anonymous said...

If the point of the book were "you should like this 'cos its Hot, and tossing bouquets is Not," then I think it would be Leather community-like since that's the sort of shallow appreciations there -- but it isn't.

--Nathan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...