Thursday, August 12, 2010

Well, not quite yet


I don't usually make decisions quickly. To blog or not to blog? Hmmm. Let's blog about it.

For some reason I would love to see again Zane Grey's Riders of the Purple Sage, the 1996 TV film done with Ed Harris --whom I'd watch while he read the phone book-- and real-life wife of 25+ years Amy Madigan. Something about how he courted her always moved me.

In my therapy work with couples, I frequently find the structure of the problem to be as follows: "I want you to give me the one thing that I know you are particularly ungifted at giving." Sound familiar?

My mom has been in and out of the hospital since April. After surgery for a fractured femur, infection set in and it has been a roller coaster. Just got good news this week that the latest course of treatment seems to be working. Hope so.

Although B and I only got together twice a week or so, occasionally more, he was a constant presence. From early morning til evening, phone calls, text messages, emails, phone photos. Even a card in the mail.
Lots of that laugh I loved so much. That space is silent now. Empty. And big. And silent.

Both while reading ads on craigslist for car, tv, phone and reading on-line profiles about meetable men, you sometimes come across the kind of guy whose meta-message seems to be, "I dare you to contact me, asshole." If you're trying to sell a car and your ad is replete with (in caps) READ ALL THIS FIRST BEFORE CONTACTING ME and "Don't waste my time" and "Serious inquiries only", I am kinda disinclined to want to make a financial transaction with you. Same thing with on-line hookups; if you tell me all the things you hate and are not gonna do, why do I think you'd make a good playmate?

On the other hand, on-line guys who are honest about their sexual preferences need to stop apologizing for it all the gd time. "Sorry, I don't mean to judge, but...".

I have some very very UnPC thoughts about dominant groups, group privilege, oppression, etc. Another time. But it would not win me the NAACP or GLAAD award for anything.

Ms. Jennifer Aniston recently opined that a woman did not need a man to raise a child. This is the Murphy Brown syndrome. What astonishes me is how little women like this think of the child. It's nice that you want a trophy kid. But what kid does not want and need the love of a mother and a father? Narcissist.

The summer morning fog has lifted and the sun is shining --though I can hear the fog horn. I am going out again. One step at a time. One day at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suppose "Islam for Dhimmies" has been done?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...