Friday, September 03, 2010

Great day

Hard and harsh words between me and two men important to me. In one day. One in the morning. One in the evening. Nicely done. Nicely done.

Virgil wrote: Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes. ExCathedra writes: Timeo Cirellios et salsicias ferentes.

I was wandering thru cyberspace tonight, looking at sites of anthropological interest and came across one where mostly big and strong men combine sex with, shall we say, ritualized conflict. On this site, the actors are interviewed before and after the action. The trailer showed Vince losing the contest to Tyler and suffering the consequences. The final  moment of the trailer, after the drama is over, has Vince tell the interviewer, sans irony or humor, "I think I grew as a person."

Hey,Vince, after the day I've had, I know how you feel.

Then on the TV, as I switch dials, I find a scene from, yes, Twilight. Maybe 10 seconds. The star vamp is on a tree branch, speaking to the girl, who stands on the ground. He explains, "We learn to control our thirst. We only hunt animals...but you, your scent...you're like a drug to me...my own personal brand of heroin." I have no idea what he could possibly mean...:)


Next morning...after falling asleep on the couch. The TV is full of its desperate nocturnal schedule of programs and products promising beauty or wealth. Is the nighttime TV demographic full of poor fat people?
Weight is not my problem, but I sure could use winning the lottery....and finding a way to make up with my evening yelling partner. I suppose we'll do it; we've known each other a long time. But it leaves my stomach queasy. Losing a lover is bad enough; losing a friend...well, that would be just dandy.

I have another friend's birthday party to go to this weekend. People I haven't seen in a long time will be asking, "Hey, how'r ya doin'?"  I plan to lie a lot.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...