Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sasquatch sunrise

Some of my dreams have an obsessional quality to them, where I keep going over and over the same ground, trying to solve some kind of problem. The night that is now ending ---the sky is lighting up, I can see it through the window-- I was having to find out how soldiers succeeded in inventing chocolate chip cookies by turning bullets into chocolate chips. No matter how closely I observed the process, the moment of transformation eluded me. I think that the white solider turned black during it, too, but I am not sure.

And speaking of obsessions, I was actually awake a little while before my other obsessive mind kicked into gear and the usual companion of my thoughts showed up. A brief and welcome respite.

The bedroom is still quite dark. Small window close to the floor because the eaves shape the room. It creates a rectangle of light and color against the blackness: golden sky on the top half, thick immobile cloud on the lower, and to the left and superimposed on these, the silhouette of a large tree.

Bad photo "sent from my iPhone"

Crickets chirp. A dog barks. My brain switches on. Another sunrise in Sasquatch. Coffee soon.

I am hungry for what I am always hungry for.

Even through the darkest phase
Be it thick or thin
Always someone marches brave
Here beneath my skin

And constant craving
Has always been.

kd lang

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...