Thursday, October 07, 2010

Thursday morning

A bit chilly this morning. Some time this month I suspect I'll want to put the heat on for a hour or so to take the edge off.

I don't laugh nearly as much as I used to. But yesterday I told a quirky story to a normally somewhat, well, restrained, friend of mine and he blurted out a reply that was unexpected, outrageous and very funny. As well as having rhetorical balance and punch. I couldn't believe it. A lot of laughing. I miss the laughing.

Backing up my computer to an online service. It'll take days. And although they deny that it would affect current performance, my download speads are at about 25%.

Found an email from November 08 in which the issue that broke up me and B was clear as a bell back then, too. Reading it put a sick grip on my stomach that still has not loosened. Was I dumb? Of course. But I was in love. I plead diminished capacity. I have to give myself credit for hope, anyway. The last evil in Pandora's box.


But hey, my kitchen floor is still shiny!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never really understood the Pandora story. So, this thing with feathers is still in the box...what's it doing in there? Hope is a definitely evul thing? We should be glad it wasn't released into the world, leaving us haplessly, but happily hopeless? The way it was first told to me (in a cartoon) ended "so we still have hope," which seemed to contradict the 'unleashing' idea. Seems like Pandora and Eumethios are hoggin' up the hope.

And don't get me started why the glass slippers didn't revert to form along with the punkin, or what's supposed to be so contrary about Mary.

--Nathan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...