Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Peeping Ex

Queen Elizabeth I, in trying to resolve the contentious religious issues of her day, was famous for denying that she had any interest in making "windows into men's souls." I am unlike her in several ways. One of them is that men's souls fascinate me and whenever I find a window into them, I look in.



Here's an email I got from a friend which opens one of those windows. His story made me smile.

I ran around the lake today, and often
when I am there I see one of
my colleagues running. He is a little
older than I am, but I can't catch up with
him and he annoys all my competitiveness.
Plus, he has a bumper sticker that says
"War in Not the Answer."

Today, we started out at about the same time.
We made some perfunctory polite greetings, and
started to run. He immediately took a short-cut,
almost a mile short cut.  I eventually passed him
though he stayed close on my tail until he took
another short cut. While I've been running 4.5 miles,
he's been running about 3.

Even though I know war is not the answer, and
that he didn't even know he was racing me, I
wanted to let the air out of his tires.
__________________

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Article
http://www.youlivehealth.com/item.php?group_id=55&id=6354

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...