Saturday, March 19, 2011

I am not alone

Granted that most conservative blogsites do not feature pictures of eye candy. But a couple, at least, do. Heteros, but combining robust rightwingery with lusty schwingery.

Camp of the Saints and Conservative Grapevine are at least two I can recall offhand.

Camp of the Saints, name after Jean Raspail's 1972 dystopian/apocalyptic novel of the First World swallowed up by the Third, says:
I like to describe myself as an 18th Century conservative. I am not an ideologue and, therefore, do not subscribe to any ‘ist’ or ‘ism’. I want to be left alone. I believe the Federal Government should not be allowed to take any actions not permitted by The Constitution. State and local governments should, likewise, be bound by their constitutions and charters. Life is absurd. Any man who does not have at least one vice should not be trusted. The 17th Amendment should be repealed [and possibly the 19th]*. Thomas Jefferson was a blackguard.  Vlad The Impaler was a hero.
 *(For you Constitutional non-scholars, the 17th (1913) removed the Senate from choice by state legislatures and gave it to popular vote, and the 19th (1920) allowed females to vote.)

Like myself, he is also a pro-Catholic fallen Catholic.
So, in the spirit of right-wing hetero/homo blogger solidarity...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...