Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Post soviet shopping


When my regular grocery store shut down at Thanksgiving, the forlorn shelves looked like something from Russia.
Well, girls and boys, the Wall has come down and Western affluence has arrived, in the form of a new Mollie Stones food emporium which opened today. This chain is sorta between Trader Joe's and Whole Foods.
 


Very very pretty, if a bit anal retentive. And not cheap. All the vegetables are organic. I suspect I will split my food shopping between them and Safeway. But at least I have a food store I can walk to in a pinch. The neighborhood feels better.

2 comments:

Leah said...

I can just see the grocery police coming after you for disrupting the order.
Welcome home.

Anonymous said...

Way too anal retentive, if'n you ask me. I work in retail, and looking at this is making my hands hurt.

--Nathan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...