Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Who, pray tell?

Whether you consider it a tempest in an incense pot or a Catholic pillow fight, I have to admit that my old RC genes have gotten engaged in some of the back-and-forth at PrayTell. I'm not proud of it, but there it is.

But what to my wondering eyes should I read...

The brilliant but chronically irritable Irish priest who often opines there seems to me to be one of those folks for whom Vatican II is the source of a new religion. He admitted that what he was really after was to turn the Church of Rome into the Episcopal Church.

Anyway, with his usual to-the-point and emotionally ramped up prose...he agreed with me.


On the group of females claiming to get themselves ordained "Roman Catholic Womenpriests"
(and Womenbishops, too), he allowed as how he gave no support to illegal ordinations since they gave rise to schism and constituted "a crime against the sacraments." He pointed out that one thing all Catholics learn from childhood is that "you do not play with sacraments". He agreed with another commentor, whom I also supported, that the women involved were "delusional."

What's that sound I hear? Ah wings flapping. On flying pigs.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Nice, vindication.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...