Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pushing my buttons

Over at Gay Patriot, Dan linked to an article about sexual orientation by someone else. It was an attack on the Gay Establishment, but seemed all confused about what it called the myth of sexual orientation, including monogamy therein. And then it linked approvingly to another story where a lesbian who asserted that her sexual orientation toward other women was something fixed was derided as being in denial.

Pissed me off. I know that many people are capable of having sex with both genders. Most gay men I know have had sex with women. But there are people whose sexual interests remain fixed throughout life. Most people, in fact. Including me. If I'd have ever found women, or even one woman, attractive, I'd say it. But it ain't so. Just ain't so.

It really angered me, and still angers me --I told the guy he was an arrogant prick--, when someone tells me what my experience is who has no knowledge of me, just some theory.

Really pisses me off.

2 comments:

PNWReader said...

...and stay off my lawn! Darn kids!

BTW, did you ever find a replacement vehicle?

Anonymous said...

Remember the important consideration, though: not permitting plausibility to "essentialism." The Sartrean Self must have no essence but only an existence that contributes to the socially constructed ensemble of social relations that constitutes Interpretive Man.

Besides, the Party expects that all members be ready and even eager to override their "individuality" or "facticity" whatever experience and state the Party line on truths. In fact, overriding your individuality for the Party is the meaning of who you truly are. The Party doesn't need to have any "knowledge" of you.

You should experience ascetic joy in revolutionarily denying your apparently essential androphilia in order to march in lock step with your comrades in the Interpretational Resistance!

This isn't "just some theory."

Ever yours, er

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...