Saturday, June 09, 2012

Even I get bored

with my ranting here.

It's in the nature of this blog's literary form, after all. Repetition, self-indulgence...neither of these cry out creativity or interestingness.

As long as I can remember, well, at least back to my late teens, my civilized demeanor has not always matched my interior. Nowadays I find myself thinking of how pleasing it would be to orchestrate mass hangings and mass exiles. The usual human stuff.

I don't really aspire to be better, in the sense of nicer or more pacific. Rightness-driven Enneagram Ones hold no appeal for me. But I do wish that most of the things that bother me didn't bother me. Just so my mood would be better.

Although a few strategic hangings might help :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

- H.L. Mencken, "Prejudices: First Series"

via that other guy in Portland

Mr. Freeze said...

It takes a bit of effort and dedication in order to stop being bothered by the things that bother me. It's not like I'm ignoring them, or allowing them to beat me into submission.

It's more like I'm just accepting what is beyond my control, while controlling whatever aspects of it that I can from within my own life and immediate surroundings.

I've found that ranting and seething no longer seems to provide the cathartic release that it used to. Now it seems to just feed the flames of my discontent, while drawing more negativity back on myself from random outside sources.

I'm not exactly sure what switch I'm flipping to disrupt the flow (or ride it), but you've totally got a Control Panel more well-equipped than most.

Just try fiddling with your knobs a bit. ;)

Anonymous said...

For interestingness Ex Cathedra could try trolling feminist theology websites and promoting the forced conversion of western power institutions to Islam in order to de-shirk fatherhood and sonship from God in Christianity.

Cf Mary Daly, Tawhid: Beyond God the Father

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...