Saturday, June 16, 2012

TechnoConservative, too

I am not a Luddite by any means. What Luddite has a blog? Or has a life that crashes to a halt when his laptop does?  Or complains when he switches his iphone OS to improve its speed and then discovers that it will not play his Kindle app?

But upgrading is a definitely ambiguous matter.

I just spent well over an hour recovering from an automatic upgrade to my Adobe Flash player 11. It crashed Firefox 13. And made all videos unwatchable. And Firefox will not allow you to use earlier versions anymore. Nor will Adobe.

This is a large problem and people are complaining about it all over the net. I thought these tech geeks were supposed to be geniuses?

So I had to switch my browser over to Chrome, which I don't like. I do a lot of zooming in and out on sites, depending on size of text. Chrome makes this a 2 step, rather than 1 step, process. And with the combined upgrades, I now get all kinds of annoying advertizing videos that I never got before...

In short, everything is worse than it was yesterday.

Newer is not necessarily any better than older.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...