Saturday, August 25, 2012

Ethnic akronims

Did u know

that HBCU means Historically Black College or University
and that
PWI means Predominantly White Institution?

I found out from a commentor....insensitive blocking mine.

I do not like this at all. I am bias being a HBCU graduate myself, Tennessee State alumni. It amazes me how the PWI are capable of attracting so much wealth (outside of Division 1 football, which, brings a lot of revenue) in comparison to HBCUs. The cumulative wealth of all HBCUs combined is a small percentage of the wealth of only a few top PWIs. This country should be ashamed at its self for allowing such a disparity. It reminds me of the financial worth gap between Blacks and Whites. It is time for the status quo to change.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...