Saturday, May 04, 2013

Rational animals

Not.

Great speech from Moonstruck. (One of many).

Loretta, I love you. Not like they told you love is, and I didn’t know this either, but love don’t make things nice – it ruins everything. It breaks your heart. It makes things a mess. We aren’t here to make things perfect. The snowflakes are perfect. The stars are perfect. Not us. Not us! We are here to ruin ourselves and to break our hearts and love the wrong people and die. The storybooks are bullshit. Now I want you to come upstairs with me and get in my bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it may sound strange, and you may say that I'm too young to understand what it is that I'm asking for, but... I want that. I want to know a guy so well I could destroy him with a word, but find the thought of it repugnant. I want to bite my tongue and deny myself my pound of flesh as he ambles off to bed. I want to feel my heart in my throat when I realize that his life is in danger. I want to hold him at night and pray that I die before him, because I would be lost without him. I want to know in my last moments that he will survive. Because that way, I'll know that I love him with the highest, most perfect love we humans can feel and express.

-Sean

OreamnosAmericanus said...

Hope you find that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...