Thursday, June 27, 2013

O, Canada!

Two pieces of good news from The Truth North Strong and Free, sorta.



The Section 13 "Human Rights" Tribunals are abolished. No more extra-judicial bureaucrat commissars with a 100% conviction rate, harassing and fining deviants from the canons of PC. A small step against a loathsome but perfectly logical and natural outcome of the liberal regime. Were it not for the First Amendment of those evil Old White Slaveholding Males, we'd have these things sprouting like mushrooms here, too.

Plus, Canada Pensions has tracked me down --I don't know how-- to let me know what my old age pension will be. Not much, but it will pay for my US Medicare premiums. Which is nice.

Thanks, other country.

--

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know it's a sad state of affairs when I start looking at Canada out of the corner of my eye. Mind you, they have a ways to go before I would ever consider moving there. I like the people, mostly because of contact with them through ice hockey. And yes, I have met several likable Quebecois fellows. All a little goofy, but laid back and far more macho than the continental French. And yes, I have seen a couple of them- and British Canadians, too- out of their equipment in the lockers. No wonder so many of my adolescent fantasies- sleeping and waking- took place in them. Not that some of my own country men didn't feature in those fantasies. :)

In the suburbs, Canadians are actually quite cynical about their government, and routinely come here for health care. The liberals I have talked to insist that it's for "voluntary treatment," but it's rather shocking what is considered "voluntary treatment" up north. Maybe the Great White North will come around and I can flee the postmod madness of the States. I know the anthem by heart already, anyways. A nice cabin in the wilderness, a roaring fire, a bearskin rug, flannel and denim, and a handsome man cuddling with me to keep warm. What more could I ask for?

-Sean

Anonymous said...

P.S. I didn't realize you lived long enough in Canada to be a dual-citizen. And hey, if a foreign country wants to give you money, take it. Lord knows we do it more than enough, to people who are far less deserving.

-Sean

Anonymous said...

Ah, so Mark Steyn had a hand in this. A good man. If he were younger or I older and he swung our way, I would not mind if he invited me to dinner. He's no Adonis, but red hair trumps all in my book. One of the few political commentators who could write about the end of the world and still make me laugh about it. A rare talent indeed.

-Sean

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...