Saturday, August 03, 2013

Seniority

I've been grudgingly accumulating official tokens of my seniority in the last few months: Medicare, a discount card for the subway, the right to sit in those front seats reserves for seniors and the disabled, discounts at the movies and at national parks.

I was cleaning out my storage closet today and found my old racquetball racket. I loved that game. Maybe the only sport I ever really did. I haven't played in over 25 years, but I guess I kept the racket just in case.



Well, I will never play that game again. Not with my knees. So it went out into the pile that's leaving for good. Nice memories of those games.

Farewell.


---

1 comment:

Scolapasta said...

Have you considered keeping the racquet and using it as a spare spaghetti strainer? It would not work well for pastina, but the next time you serve rigatoni it could come in handy. Strain the rigatoni, flip it with your famous wrist-action at a dinner guest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...