Monday, January 27, 2014

Distractions

Since I switched gyms in September and changed my eating habits over the last months, I am feeling better physically. More energy. That's a big plus. I even find myself now looking forward to the workout. That was something I did for almost ten years, til 2010 came along, with all its various losses and outrageous fortunes. I recover very slowly. But I do feel and look better of late.

Reading the Net this morning made me feel as if the entire world is having a nervous breakdown, so I thought I'd post something distractingly shallow instead. Like, which of Lady Mary's two suitors on Downton Abbey one would choose: Lord Anthony




or Charles Blake




but then I decided this was too shallow even for me. 

But Lady Mary? What do they see in that death-masked icicle besides an inheritance?



ps   Heterosexuality to me is sort of like jazz. I recognize that it is a complex and artful form of music --everybody says so, so it must be-- but its charms completely escape me. I am well aware that my complete tone-deafness to the allure of the female puts me in a very tiny human minority and so I usually give heterosexual men the benefit of the doubt. But sometimes the male-female thing completely baffles me. 
---

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...