Saturday, March 15, 2014

AS has his annual outbreak of making sense

The Hounding Of A Young Gay Writer « The Dish:
 "Could it be because they don’t actually want to continue the dialogue with people of faith, but rather seek to leverage the growing majority in favor of gay equality to rhetorically bludgeon the “bigots” into submission, to create a world in which they call the shots the way homophobes used to? Could it be that they enjoy policing the discourse now that they seem in the majority?"

Ya think?

'via Blog this'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am reminded of a skit by the black comedians Key and Peele: a flamboyantly gay office worker gets complaints from his seemingly straight coworker for his behavior. The gay man gets very huffy, and willfully construes the coworkers objections to his behavior (like ranting about his sex life and displaying pictures of his anus) as persecution homophobia. Then a man comes up to the coworker: the coworker's boyfriend. The gay stares in shock as the couple walks away. Then the gay has a moment of revelation: "Oh, I get it. I'm not persecuted, I'm just an asshole!"

Somes it up in a nutshell for me.

P.S. No confirmation on Mr. Otter yet, but I've caught him staring at me (and vice versa!) multiple times.Not a lick of effeminacy about him. I'll ask him upfront after Spring Break, see what comes of it.

-Sean

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...